_Google+____


Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Inspirations for Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Inspirations for Wednesday, May 5, 2010

--

I typically do not share personal drama as a part of Inspirations, because frankly, it is seldom if ever Inspirational. Today I will make an exception because I think it may help establish the need for persistence and expressing gratitude.

As my wife Dianne and I paced the floor at two separate hospitals Tuesday afternoon and evening in prayer and support of two different relatives, one of the many thoughts that occurred to me was, “Well, I suppose I may have to skip sending Inspirations for Wednesday.” After all, I am tired, stressed, hungry (no fat jokes please) and very likely to get home very late.

The good news is that in both instances, prayer and medical know how has given both individuals another day, another chance, another cause for hope. More good news came in the form of me having access to the following quote:

--

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
1929-1968, American Civil Rights Leader

--

So in this time of personal drama, perhaps the reason I insisted on taking the time to send Inspirations is more to seek your prayers than to inspire you. Often we don’t really know why we persist in the face of adversity or inconvenience, but the important thing is to PERSIST ANYWAY!

Please keep us in your prayers.


**

No comments:

Post a Comment