_Google+____


Friday, December 20, 2019

The Curtis Taylor Duo - An Early Christmas Gift to Music Lovers

-  - -

Attending the Curtis Taylor Duo performance December 19th at the Twinsburg Public Library was an early Christmas present to myself.  After attending three school concerts in eight days, I was tempted to stay home and sit this one out. With darkness falling early, temperatures below freezing, and a Holiday 'to-do list' that is never-ending, I nearly made the mistake of missing Curtis Taylor.  Fortunately the still and small voice spoke louder than the one coming from the lazier side of me that was shouting “sit down.”


If you have not met Curtis Taylor, you are missing more than just great music.  The Grammy award-winning trumpeter, has a personality that matches the spirit of the Holiday Season.  Friendly, outgoing, engaging, Curtis is all that, and great music. As If that were not enough, the other part of the Curtis Taylor Duo, is Theron Brown; an accomplished pianist with an equally laid back and pleasing personality.


Together the two “rocked the house”, and also encouraged the audience to interact with questions and feedback.  Their words and actions demonstrated they have an ‘audience first’ focus. They understand their music is more than entertainment, but also can represent hope to the hopeless, light in an often dark world; and in some cases, survival.  


I was glad Dianne and I attended for additional reasons.  We ran into our friends, Larry and Barbara McCastle, whom we had not seen in some time.  I also spotted Cindy Walker, a gracious young lady I featured in the January 2015 issue of VISIONS Newsletter, where I shared some of her fine work with Seniors Helping Seniors.  I was able to get into a photo with both Cindy and Curtis, making me feel like a celebrity of sorts.
-
-


I was not able to connect with Theron after the event, but I have that on my ‘to-do list’.  Dianne and I had a dinner engagement, and these two young men had lines of fans. Curtis and Theron accommodated all, signing autographs on anything that would absorb ink, posing for photos, and sharing conversation with old friends and new fans.


As I wrote in the beginning, it was 'Christmas Come Early.’  Our congratulations, best wishes, and prayers for even greater success for both Curtis and Theron.  


Additional photos from the event can be seen at https://henryford.zenfolio.com/p800457697.  You may also view a short video clip at https://youtu.be/5QB1YFHSNNs.


For additional information about Curtis Taylor, visit www.curtistaylor.net.


For additional information about Theron Brown, visit https://www.theronbrownmusic.com/   

No comments:

Post a Comment