_Google+____


Monday, March 14, 2016

Racism, Sexism, Classism, Racial & Religious Bias, All the other "isms" and . . . The Other Guy!


YES, It’s always “The other Guy”. . . until IT’S YOU!

As we listen to and are tempted to repeat the rhetoric about immigrants, people of other races, religions, or those in any way different from ourselves, I pray that we remember, reflect upon and consider the wisdom of these words:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

- Niemöller -

No comments:

Post a Comment