_Google+____


Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Inspirations - Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Inspirations - Wednesday, November 23, 2016


It is always “The other Guy” . . . until it is YOU!

As we attempt to distance ourselves from the plight of those who are in any way different than ourselves, I pray that we remember, reflect upon and consider the wisdom of these words:

”First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.”

Niemöller

Please note: The quotation stems from Niemöller's lectures during the early postwar period. Different versions of the quotation exist. These can be attributed to the fact that Niemöller spoke extemporaneously and in a number of settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment