_Google+____


Monday, March 20, 2017

Joy Nawalda - Women's History in the Making

Recognizing Joy Nawalda

-
-
- Photo is property of Joy Nawalda -

According to Wikepedia, Women's History Month is celebrated during March "in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia."  Well, because there is no wall to deny me, I am "breaking the tradition" and  "crossing the ocean" to the continent of Africa.

Joy Nawalda is a young lady that I so desperately want to highlight, but her quiet and humble nature make it challenging to understand what creates the warmth within her heart. She is among my greatest Social Media "Cheerleaders". Joy is a constant visitor to my TIMELINE and other Pages, and clicks the LIKE button so often, that she has me believing she likes everything. If she doesn't hear from me occasionally, I can count on a "How are things?" and "How is Mrs. Ford?" message from her. If I don't respond in exhuberant fashion, I will receive a reminder of how faith and persistence can overcome all. Joy is not (as far as I know) a teacher or a preacher, but somehow shares wit and wisdom far beyond her age. 

Through her actions, Joy is making history by spreading the message that though oceans and sometimes people will seek to divide us, we have the power to build bridges of concern and compassion. This amazing young lady is not content to inspire and encourage in a single language, but is fluent in Luganda, French, KiSwahili, and English.

Regardless of the language she uses to communicate, she is truly a joy to have as an encourager. And while it is easy, comfortable, convenient (and sometimes correct), to relate documented accomplishments to measures of "worth" or "value", our appreciation must go much deeper. Joy's appreciation of others is reflected in her favorite quote (from Aristole) which is "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit."

For more Women's History Posts, PRESS HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment